Does Sugaring Hurt?
One of the questions we get asked most often is “Does sugaring hurt?”.
Well, when it comes to hair removal products, it is a case of ‘no pain, no gain’, but here’s why we think Sugar Strip Ease is less painful than other methods of getting to smooth, silky, hair free skin!:
Number 1: Does sugaring hurt compared to waxing?
- Sugar paste sticks to the hair, not to the skin, making it less painful than waxing. So sugaring gets our vote every time!
- Waxing products can also contain harmful chemicals and residue can often only be removed with astringent lotions or mild solvents
Number 2: Are some sugaring products less painful than others?
- Traditionally, sugaring products were blended with lemon juice, which can irritate the skin and leave those with sensitive skin with an uncomfortable rash. However, Sugar StripEase is formulated without the lemon juice to avoid any risk of skin irritation. This leaves the skin with the same smooth finish as with any other sugaring product.
Number 3: Is sugaring more painful than shaving?
- Shaving is all very well, but can damage delicate skin and causes nicks and bumps.
Number 4: Surely hair removal creams are less painful than sugaring?
- In the first instance, yes. However, hair removal creams can contain between 20 and 30 individual chemical ingredients (whereas sugaring products from Sugar StripEase contain just two natural ingredients – sugar syrup and water). All these chemicals risk the health of your skin, not to mention the environment!
Number 5: Some cosmetics are tested on animals – does sugaring cause animal welfare issues?
- Neither Sugar StripEase nor our suppliers test any of our products or ingredients on animals. We don’t just claim to be cruelty free, we have been BUAV (now renamed Cruelty Free International) certified since 1989 and have maintained their standards for the last two decades. We are proud to display the Leaping Bunny logo which is the only proof of certified Cruelty Free status (http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/).
So, does sugaring hurt? Well yes, it smarts a little, but compared to the alternatives, we believe it’s one of the best hair removal methods you can choose.